View Single Post
      05-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #28
E39lolz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 x1 xDrive35i, '13 Mustang

Man that is one clean e34. I owned a e39 M5 for 2 years but always browsed the e34 section on the M5board to gain some knowledge on the s38. If you do buy this car I suggest joining M5board.com as you will gain extensive knowledge as I did when I first got my e39 M5. Many DIY threads and sources for OEM parts @ discounted prices. For the asking price its fair, given the low mileage (for the year) and condition. I was looking @ a 91 M5 over 2 years ago for $7.5k asking price/non neg with rust, 203k mile s38 with oil leaks, shot interior and the owner said that the s38 had never been rebuilt. IIRC the s38 needs a rebuild at around 200k miles @ a few grand. Funny how the pics the guy sent me were very misleading as they were over 5 years old! Also e34's have heater core issue's so run the heat and smell any signs of coolant. Part is cheap but labor can run a pretty penny. PPI is highly recommended as everyone has already said but make sure you give it a thorough testdrive. Service records do help and it should be using TWS oil. GL with it if you do intend on purchasing it.
Appreciate 0