View Single Post
      04-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #21
ItsHectic
But your honour it's my Affluenza I swear!
Australia
Rep
Drives: at a reasonable speed

It might be cheaper to replace them, I am replacing a seat trim peice in my car thats $120, I cant see having it "re-textured" being cheaper than that or even not be noticeable.

When you make your claim with the ACCC or fair trading you arnt just claiming the amount you payed, you should be claiming the cost to replace all the damaged trim pieces.

If it was a little scuff I could let it slide but taking everything in to consideration it was completely negligent and totally disrespectful.

Also dont let him discourage you from going to the ACCC or fair trading cause thats where I see your conversation going, he will probably start lying and making up bullshit like hes gonna sue you for ruining his reputation, or that you wont have anywhere else to take it cause he is friends with the other places, or that it will cost you money if your claim fails rah rah rah. He seems like that kind of guy.

On the other hand, I just realised there is a possible alternate solution to this situation.

The whole thing MIGHT be covered by your car insurance, if thats the case they are obliged to pay you out as a not at fault claim, they can then sue him and it doesnt matter what the outcome is for you and you dont have to do anything, just like if someone without insurance rear ends your car.

It can either be covered under accidental damage caused by a driver (hard because he did not drive your car), or covered under vandalism.

Last edited by ItsHectic; 04-28-2014 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0