View Single Post
      05-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #58
Jaguar
Mark 42
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltyNL View Post
Somebody has installed it, what was he thinking? How difficult can it be to install these items like it is supposed to be installed.

There is room for error unfortunately, especially when it comes to mounting the lip up where it meets the mesh parts of the bumper. I have been using 3M tape on the 4 lips I have installed. I apply the 3M tape to the underside of the splitter (in the area where it mounts up against the mesh part of the bumper), and only peel the edge of it, that way I can slide the splitter on to the carrier, snap it in place, THEN PUSH the splitter against the bumper very hard so it eliminates the gap, then grab the edge of the 3M tape that I peeled, and pull it off when pushing the splitter against the bumper.

If you dont use this technique, the results will vary, but doing it this way has worked 100% of the time

I dont use beta link because in the event that I damage the splitter, I want the option to remove it and replace it, rather than replacing the entire front bumper.
Appreciate 0