07-27-2014, 07:06 PM   #13
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Yeah sorry about that. This thread should be more about giving you career advice, but hopefully these discussions are helpful nonetheless. Building trust with your client is of paramount importance and maybe it's helpful for you to know what investors consider to be "red flags."

At the end of the day you have to demonstrate to your client that you can offer them a real return (after commissions/fees) above and beyond the general market benchmarks.
For sure. All of those comments gave me a different perspective on things. If I can see things from the client's perspective, it will definitely help me serve them better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
If you are real good with sale and know a lot of rich people who doesn't know how to invest by their own, FA is a great place to go in to.
FA has a higher income potential than Money/Fund/HedgeFund Mgrs, but it is very rare.
I don't know many rich people but I like to think I'm pretty good with sales. It's just an option that I'm looking to maybe get into. We'll see how my current job spans out.
Appreciate 0