BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post

You do realize replay would slow the game down? Which is the opposite of what MLB wants to do? I agree with replay on HR's and would support replay on close plays at home plate. But, leave the rest alone. Human error is part of the game.
This argument makes me chuckle. How would replay be any slower than the umps getting together and conferring for 3 minutes which is the case much of the time? Pitchers can work as slow or fast as they like, batters are allowed to take time, I don't think replay will noticeably slow the game down, and would actually expedite getting calls right - much better IMO than umps conferencing for 3 minutes and STILL getting the call wrong, when anyone at home watching on TV can see the replay over and over in the same timeframe and see clearly what the right call is.

Human error is part of any game - but human error on the rule enforcement side of things is not. A player missing a throw or hesitating to watch his "hr" fall short only to be thrown out trying to stretch a double is part of the game. A mistake made on the rule enforcement part, though attributable to human error, is not and should never be intended to be a part of anything with a clear set of rules.
Appreciate 0