Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Are these articles anything more than editorial conjecture? I haven't seen one, I'd like to read one. I understand that the world is a lot smaller than it used to be, but you can't honestly say that the same opportunities exist in Cleveland that do in major basketball cities with storied franchises like the Lakers or the Bulls or the Celtics. For him to accomplish any of his icon/business goals, first things first, he needs to win a championship. I don't see that happening in Cleveland.
And you're quote, from the NY Times of all places....

"Many argue that James needs to be in a major market (namely New York or Los Angeles) from an endorsement standpoint. They often argue that a sponsor like Nike may be pulling strings to land James in a market where they can make more money. But does a superstar really need to be in a major market? James, Dwight Howard and Dwyane Wade seem to be doing just fine in Cleveland, Orlando and Miami, respectively.

Can you imagine James getting more media attention if he’s in New York or Los Angeles? Me neither. If you’re a star you need to be in a big market. If you’re a superstar, they come to you."

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...amess-suitors/

Many others have said the same. I can google more for you if you'd like.

Oh and if you honestly think Miami is a major market from a basketball stand point then you're sorely wrong. Go to a game there, even with Dwayne Wade they only get about 10k fans a game in the arena. The fews times they sell out are for games against Cleveland and LAL. My best friend lives 5 blocks from AA Arena, the place is more suited to hang out and have drinks while watching the sunset over south beach then to watch a basketball game.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0