View Single Post
      12-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #64
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
This is a really interesting read, doesn't really make much sense to me but enjoyable none the less. Tony, with such an incredible knowledge of this engine and with so much data, experince and history - are the men in white coats from BMW not knocking on your door offering you a job in their R&D Dept. If they're not they should be

I get the impression Tony is in touch with the sheds at BMW...he's showing them how far their N54 unit can be pushed. Though to be honest, once all the mods are done, can the engine even be considered an N54 anymore?!?!?

Tony,

Thanks for sharing re the insurance issue. I appreciate the insight.

Finally, why so reluctant to share bhp figures? Are you under some kind of NDA? (serious question). Is someone (BMW?) afraid that you'll be giving ideas to the great unwashed as to what they can get away with in on a 35i engine?

Also, with all the upgrades (you might have mentioned this already but I can't see it) are you still running the standard 6-speed ZF gearbox that comes OE?

Have you had her on a rolling road lately?

Also, with all the mods you're running, how would your car fair against an E92 M3 or similar?
Appreciate 0