View Single Post
      04-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #18
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
The Phaneuf hit wasn't dirty, and was definetly NOT boarding. I agree that sometimes when a player is trying to prevent an icing and are battling to get to the puck with another player, it can get dangerous. That would be a good argument for the no-touch icing, but they were both movin down the ice quick and Phaneuf chose to take the man and not the puck which is perfectly fine.

The Sarich hit is Sarich's style especially if you ever saw him in the minors. I guess some people thought it was kind of iffy because maybe he had his shoulder up, but thats why when you play hockey you learn pretty quick that if you have the puck, you NEVER PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN. Sorry buddy but a good hit doesn't mean its a dirty hit.

Props to Marleau though for getting up right away on both, that shows a lot of toughness and character.
Phaneuf baorded Marleau, he hit a defensless player, playing the puck, from behind and drilled his head directly into the boards. And Sarich put his elbow into Marleau's face and almost broke his nose, then somehow the flames ended up with a power play. That was a dirty hit, you cannot lead with your elbow, period. That should have been five and a game miscounduct. That was not a good hit, it was a dirty hit.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0