MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Those that use the shutter release to focus would never take their finger off the release button while actively shooting. You either set focus with the shutter release or the back button. Either way you have to push a button.

On Canon, there's no delay of shutter, if you've focused. If you try to release the shutter without focusing and simply push the shutter release all the way down, then there'll be a delay if the camera is not in focus. If you've got a 500mm lens on the camera and it's focused at 15-ft and you're trying to shoot something at 100-ft, then it could take a second or more. You only try that once and learn not to do it. Only noobs do that. You have to focus first or go to MF if you want an OOF shot. Focus with either the shutter release or back button, but focus first.

Dave
I cant disagree with any of that I guess I will have to put my camera back to factory settings to refresh my memory because from what I remember, hitting the shutter on shutter release priority was noticeably quicker then in AF priority.

I must admit I still have a couple noob/bad habits like removing my finger off the shutter too quickly / too often.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0