dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacofonix View Post
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I drive a pretty crappy car right now (1997 Honda Accord) and I am planning on upgrading very soon. I like driving and I am a car fan.

I have seen tons of videos on the M3 and read up quite a bit on it. I have not yet driven an M3 - but I will soon - I just fixed up a test drive.

My question is - in the light of the 2013 M3 (F80(?) M3) is it worth waiting for the new model, or should I just go in for the E92 M3?

Also - I am planning to get the DCT version. I believe all the kinks in the transmission have been ironed out?

I would also appreciate any post links that would be specifically helpful for newbies like me.

Thanks a lot!
OP, Welcome to the forum. I just joined recently and picked up my M3 E90 last week and love it so far. Just hit 900 miles and I have 300 more miles to go until the scheduled maintanence which is already scheduled for this coming Monday. I came from a 1999 BMW E36 which had 176,000 miles and was my DD for the last 12 years. the M3 is going to be my DD as well but I'm only driving 15/day now for work.

My theory was this, why not drive a nice car and enjoy the commute. If you get the DCT, then you don't have to worry about the clutch pedal.

As for milage, I've been getting about 20 mpg between freeway/local driving here in the East Bay so gas isn't too bad so far.

Get the M3 now and enjoy it. Chances are The next gen M3 will be nice, but do you really want to wait another 3-4 years to find out? If you afford it, GET IT NOW! You won't regret it.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0