11-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #20
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
*spoilers*

As a huge fan of the series thus far, I have to admit - the ending of 3 somewhat let me down. It felt like it was building up to something epic, right to the very moment they were pulling the vase out of the water and then...oh, they dropped it, whole place started sinking and falling apart, Marlowe died in a cut scene, and the Talbot boss fight was a simple button mashing contest. I really thought the vase was going to break, and release something otherworldly and result in a final showdown.

The most ridiculous part was the stupid ass "completion" trophy appeared at the start of the final fricken cutscene, and completely broke the immersion, because at that point I knew there was no more gameplay and it was over. And at 9 hours, it felt rather short.

The game was gorgeous, the script and acting were movie quality as we've come to expect, but the ending was definitely a let down, and didn't really set up much for a sequel. I have a feeling they aren't sure about a 4th one yet and wanted to play it safe.