View Single Post
      02-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #29
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

^^ Acceleration alone is not the standard in which these cars should be judged. All these cars are near the same in that department. Afterall, the cars are created to operate in the real world by ordinary consumers and are compromised between power and fuel economy. With the M cars you typically get a bit quicker acceleration and a higher terminal speed. Neither of those two factors influenced my purchase. I considered the M3, Cayman S, and Z4 M. As I really wanted a sports car versus GT that ruled out the M3. While I like the Cayman S a lot I think the rare Z4 M has a coolness factor to it that is hard to match. It's the most fun car I've ever driven so I'm pretty happy with my choice. BTW, I did so serious autobahn hauling today. Throttle response is amazing even in top gear at speeds over 140 mph. I have 4,000 miles in a 135i. There's really no comparison when it comes to the thrills of driving. I'm sure the Cayman S would have been a great car to own and operate as well. Maybe some day...