Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
That sounds more like your opinion. Everyone keeps saying BMW is behind VW/Audi and Mercedes but I fail to see how and where. Last I checked, BMW will be the first to release an EV that will be priced for the masses. What does Audi have? An etron GT with a $100,000 price tag. What does Mercedes have? An EQS that will likely be priced more than a ICE-powered S Class.

It seems you and many others are caught up in the speculation of future products, the marketing and spectacle of what has been released. I'm not saying BMW is ahead, but they're definitely not behind. I'm far more interested in the i4 and what that could do for the future of EV in this segment than the etron GT and EQS which is meant more for the wealthy rather than the masses.
BMW has iX and i3 with charger on wrong" side for many and i4... Till 2025.

VW has id3, id4, id5 and will be selling Skoda and Audi variants of this. Porsche is coming with Macan EV next year which will be a hit, and Cayenne follows right after, and then Cayman electric. 911 wont yet. Not to mention the brilliantly driving Taycan and Etron GT Audi version also already available with 400km + range option (thats fine for most). Plus there is the Etron previous EV cars Audi had, based on Q8. The A6 electric is coming. What are you on about VW group has no EV cars coming??? And Mercedes now has an electric S class, an couple of SUVs and more on the way. Hyundai is hitting out of the park with Ioniq5, a range rover sized hatchback.. And way more to come from them too.

Its not my "opinion" what I wrote above. Its not a dig at BMW, its the truth. Get your facts straight. I have couple of ICE cars, Im happy with them, and I wish BMW had more to offer than the massively heavy hybrid 3 and 5 and X cars, rwd SUV iX3, and few others. They havent commited yet fully to making an EV product, it is still a bit of a trial error thing. Anyway, I dont need to convince anyone, you can load up configurator of Daimler group, VW group brands and then BMW and youll know if you shop for EV, you have limited choice with BMW.
I didn't say Audi or Mercedes didn't have anything coming. All those models you mentioned are probably models that are coming (inevitably). BMW also has an electric version of the 3 Series, 5 Series and 7 Series coming. There's the iX3, for certain markets. When are they coming? Who knows. What you're arguing has more to do with timing of when a product is being released - Audi and Mercedes might release models before BMW, maybe not. Nothing has been officially released other than knowing it's coming due to the shift from ICE to EV.

Everyone acting like BMW is just sitting still and has nothing coming down the pipeline. There's still a balance to maintain. Hypothetically, if 90% of their profit is in ICE, they're not going to suddenly drop it and shift to EV because that's the direction. And when the time finally comes, people are not going o stop buying a BMW because they were the last to market.
Appreciate 0