View Single Post
      12-06-2009, 07:26 PM   #3
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

you'll also find this disclaimer on Ken Rockwell's website,
Quote:
I have the playful, immature and creative, trouble-making mind of a seven-year-old, so read accordingly.

This site is purely my personal speech and opinion, and a way for me to goof around.

While often inspired by actual products and events, just like any other good news organization, I like to make things up and stretch the truth if they make an article more fun. In the case of new products, rumors and just plain silly stuff, it's all pretend. If you lack a good BS detector, please treat this entire site as a work of fiction.
he makes all his money on advertising, he gets top hits in searches related to photography, so he keeps his written words interesting to people who are new to photography - because those are the people who will buy the lower end cameras, who will click on his links to buy them at stores that pay him for referrals, which is how he makes his money. he's just a business person, saying whatever it will take to help him earn money. why recommend the $5,000 camera when someone new to photography is not going to drop that cash? they will, however, test the waters with a $500 camera. seasoned photographers know not to read his bullshit.
true, not everyone is going to click on his referral links to buy these entry level cameras, but a certain percentage do. imagine what that means when his site gets hundreds of thousands of hits per day (probably more).

Appreciate 0