View Single Post
      03-22-2011, 11:17 PM   #104
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakPoint View Post
Hey guys, any modifications involved for installing the performance diffuser on a Mtech bumper? If so, what are they? e90 sedan. Was gunna order the diffuser from http://www.bimmerkit.com/index.php/3...-diffuser.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE4SPEED View Post
Glad I found this thread... I read through it all but have missed something:

1. What color is the OEM Performance diffuser from the factory (blue, matte black, primer only)?

2. Is this plug and play with the LCI M-sport bumper? Can I just unscrew my current one and put the Performance one in or is there modification required?

3. Those that went body color - is it necessary to mask paint to keep the recessed areas black and the proud areas body color? I want to do the recessed areas the same gloss black as my kidneys and shadowline trim, but LeMans on the other areas.

4. There are what looks to be two screw holes on each side - is there an insert that gets glued on over the holes to cover them up?

5. What is the correct part number - Tischer's links shows CF version and non-CF, but shows the single exhaust? I have a 2011 E90 LCI with M-Sport bumper and need the part number and cost.
1. Mine came unpainted in blue.
2. No, you'll need to do minor cutting of your M-Sport bumper.
3. Yes, you should mask it.
4. Let me confirm then get back to you.
5. Go to RealOEM.com and put in your VIN number. The part you need is marked #9 in this picture: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/diagrams/w/r/253.png

I order my complete bumper from this place. At the time of purchase this place had the best price of $720 shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Bimmer View Post
anyone have pics of the inside of the bumper? Im trying to figure out if the front bumper has the marks for the factory PDC drilling. thanks.
I think there is a different part number for PDC bumpers if I remember correctly. You'll need to check RealOEM.com.