Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 320D E90

Wowieeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooljam View Post
That will work well with those 2 amps.
1Only problem in my experience in that once you will have your system set up, you will soon realise you can even make it better by adding a central speaker in the dash, and if you go 6 channels only, you will then need to upgrade one amp again. Give yourself some room for later improvement. This thing is addictive.

2No need for an "input signal" to get those amps to fire up, they detect the signal from the speakers.
You only need remote wire etc when you have a processor of some sort such as the MS-8 and the likes.

Personally I would do the following:

3- Gladen Audio 201 BMW pack or equivalent (Jenhert etc)
4- Gladen Audio 4 channels radio loom (Yes 4 especially if you have PDC)
5- 2 Mosconi 120.4
6- 2 Gladen 100 Coax 2 way for the rear shelf + 71 Gladen 100 Coax 2 way for the dash

8- Cheery on the cake: Mosconi DSP 4to6 or 6to8 (No need to have all the speakers on the DSP processor) / Or one amp will be a Mosconi 120.4 DSP

9You said you do not want DSP, but it does make a very nice difference, especially with the timing so you have this surround effect.

Your car is already coded to HIFI, which is perfect, nothing else to change.
Hi Fooljam,

It's ALL a big cherry on the cake

I know upgrading the audiosystem can be very addictive since I done it a few years ago (not a BMW).

But my reaction to your suggestions:

1 Will keep this in mind!

2 That's a great feature, but I meant what you called the 4CH radio loom
How do I connect the second amp? Do I need to loop it trough from the first one? If so, how?

3 Think I'll go with this one!

4 Awesome! I allready found this one. Just put it in the car beside the original wires I guess?

5 I'll make a choice soon. As I said: 2x 120.4 or 1x 120.4 and 1x 120.2

6 Musthave!

7 For the future I guess. Start slow, end BIG!

8/9 Very nice for the future too.. For now I'm sticking with a "normal" mosconi. Later on I can choose for the processor.

You've been a great help so far! I hope you'll keep going to support me

I would love to hear your answers from the questions above.
Appreciate 0