Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by professor_yo View Post
I own a BMW 435 m sport, and I love it. So no, I'm not just being a "hater"...with that being said, BMW is lowkey getting on my nerves! All these damn models. It's turning into the Walmart of vehicle brands; just throwing out as many freaking models as possible all for $$$ sake. Just slow down, reel in the money grubbing big wigs, and focus on making the "ultimate driving machine"! Kudos on the 2-series and 4-series (although the nomenclature was a completely effed up move IMO). But the new X's for example (primarily the fugly X1 and unnecessary X4), and now this 9-series?!?! It's just killing and watering down the brand. Wtf does 2015 have in store???? "Introducing the new X17 and 23-series"....FOH!
with all do respect...you only looked at the models you prefer and discarded the interest of millions of others?!
There's nothing wrong with expanding product portfolio as long as there's a market for it...and looking at competition, you can be sure that there is...the only difference is that BMW has waited long enough to come up with products that are fine tuned and enhanced compared to the competition (take the new 2 series for instance vs. MB's B class...now I'm not a 2-series customer but I can tell you when that small tourer is out, MB needs to rethink it strategy on its B series...)...other pioneering models like X6 and now X4...they will have their bulk of clients...look at X6...target to sell: 20,000 actual sold 80,000. X4 is planned to sell huge (here read this http://www.forbes.com/sites/hannahel...n-made-x4-suv/)... i'm not a X4 customer either...
just saying, if it is something you don't like, doesn't necessarily mean it won't be a success...
Appreciate 0