12-01-2014, 06:28 AM   #17
Bours
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i x-drive LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42stanle View Post
Those are great looking wheels, but keep in mind if these are manufactured in Germany or Romania or anywhere else in EU you are going to get dinged for both GST, PST/HST and duty. Not 100% sure about Quebec, but I'd guess you'd be looking at something like CAD$3,000 all in for your set of wheels. (approx $2,500 for your EUR1,700 purchase then another $250 for 15% GST/QST on EUR1200 then another $100 min for your duty based on 6% of EUR1200 + whatever the broker charges on top which may not be included in your shipping).

Even worse, there's a good chance CBSA will overcharge you on duty not understanding exactly what you are importing. Depending on how it's shipped and how your vendor declares it you'll have to pay the higher amount and and spend months fighting CBSA to get your money back (I went through this with some bike parts ordered from the UK a few years back).

If you can, better to buy the wheels locally or maybe try to convince a local wheel shop to import them for you as a special order?

Yeah they are from romania.... Oh man i didnt know that.... I might have to convince my local shop to import them but how will it benefit me if i do this ? Im getting iritated by all these shipping costs i wished the wheels were free shipping or i could fine similiar design and quality wheels around in my area ,! So what do you think ?
Appreciate 0