View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #49
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalisa_ferri View Post
...and probably they make money anyway from it!

You see, somebody understands EXACTLY what I mean.

Regarding the European kits, i have to say that many other options are available (e.g., the BMW Performance rotors), but to say the truth no kit offers the same specs/price ratio and is available for both front and rear from the same vendor. Brembo BBK (or similar kits) was not an option due to the cost (in excess of 3000 usd). The favourable exchange ratio USD/EUR had a role, too. And, finally, I've experienced always exceptional results with "made in USA" stuff.
I understand what you mean but you did not want to buy OEM. Rolce Royce quality control process is comparable to BMW QC as both are OEM.

You can't compare after market QC of a small company X to BMW QC. Simply put, the price reflects that. BMW's budget is in billions.

You gotta pay to play!! Did you maybe expect Brembo for 1/5 the price?

If you don't want to spend the dough for high quality performance then don't complain!

I work in aerospace engineering and know exactly what you mean. The issue is you did not pay for 5* product and you can't expect to get one. Cosmetics (visual appeal) IS NOT more important than quality and performance.

GL

Last edited by Mavus; 12-06-2012 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0