View Single Post
      12-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #108
mycoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by myke354 View Post
tony i know u dont know me but i would love to add some of my .02 cents..

first off a good way a way to stop that carbon from building up would be to run a aftermarket coil per cylinder. this would allow you to burn fuel better there for less carbon would build you would gain a few mpg's and make a few more horses..

second: why not go to a flat face valve to add beck some of the compression??

i have to admit i am so glad someone has had the balls to tear down this motor so on the u have my respect .. i know i have been waiting for it to blow before i tore mine down.

to be honest i would have went a different way with the rebuild and i would have had the block sleeved and i would have ran with a 10.1 piston and and i would of liked to see a piston that would give better flame travel..

did u have the piston coated with teflon and ceramic??
i dont know if u looked into it but i know for a fact that having the combustion chamber , valves and piston top ceramic coated has shown to make more power last longer and on turbo cars spool turbos faster cause u push more hot air out to the turbo and have less heat soak..
and have you looked into having the rods, skirts and bearings WPC treated???

i wish you the best of luck with ur rebuild

Just some thoughts here on what you stated...

1. Why would running a different coil and burning the fuel better change the fact that it is di and the carbon is built up on the intake side of the valve not on the combustion side? The better solution would be to run a second set of fuel injectors in a spacer between the manifold and head to "wash" them clean.

2. Are you assuming he wants more compression? Because I am pretty sure he stated that he was switching to a lower compression like the Alpina so that he can run more boost and therefore make more reliable and safe power.

3. Our blocks don't need sleeved because they have AluSil sleeves already.

4. The piston has ideal flame travel. Since the motor is DI, the fuel and spark happen directly above the center of the piston maximizing the force it creates by pushing the piston straight down, unlike an FI motor.

5. Not trying to bust your balls, but the answers and reasons to most of what you asked or said you would have done is already covered in either his first post, or his subsequent. Hope this helps you out a bit since he hasn't responded!
Appreciate 1
pajuis16.50