SouthernBoy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maupineda View Post
LOL, you should try manage a US staff. It is no different, I work for an OEM and the quality of the plant I am based for a 15MY launch is faaaaaar from top notch, and at 30/hr (wage only) it is very expensive considering what you get.

Our plants in MX are much higher rated in terms of quality and cost. And this is no different for all OEM with plants in MX.
A lot of the quality may have to do with training. Yes it can be management's decisions, but training can have something to do with quality. I've found that one worker may have too many tasks to do and that it could be split up. And the tasks might be rather complex and can lead to errors. Also shorter shifts, worker rotation, etc. can help with maintaining quality.

I'm sure BMW knows more than I on this and has many consultants researching previous failures (probably has many nice internal presentations on it). I bet they even hire employees who used to work at other automakers in these regions.

Don't worry about quality until you actually see the final product. If you don't like, I suggest you call Norbert Reithofer on the phone. His number is +49-89-382-4

Appreciate 0