05-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyL3nTFoRcE View Post
So calories is really a big factor i never believed it honestly.
Definitely. It is simple physics. The reason you put on weight is because you consumed more calories than you burned. Reverse that, and you are guaranteed to lose weight.

Quote:
It will be ahrd for me to keep a calorie count, ive been told at least 1000 a day?
You gotta be serious about the calories, or you'll get frustrated because you might not see any results. You can use an app, or just take real good notes about what you eat, and be honest about the portions and the associated calories.

There's a good chance you might be eating 5000 calories a day. You're not going to drop that down to 1000! But you'll obviously need to start cutting that back significantly.

Quote:
I know my hunger will want to eat greasy foods but i really am making a sacrafice.
Everyone likes some greasy foods. But if you're really intent on changing your weight for good, you'll understand they'll be the exception, rather than the norm.

Quote:
Im thinking running at the gym will help me, but with little upper body and lower body workouts, but mainly focusing on running.
Running/swimming is a great way to start. Try to run outside or on a track if possible. You'll do better than than if you just use a treadmill.

Quote:
I noticed that im really overweight and smoking is making it worse but quitting cold turkey will be difficult but im looking at the end of all this when im healthy
You mean you're not going to quit until you "get healthy"? I'm not trying to preach here man. But getting healthy means looking seriously at options to quit. Patch, gum, whatever. There are no 'fit' dudes that smoke, trust me

You might want to invest in a trainer, or even check into getting some direction from a nutritionist. Seems like some gym-rat b#llshit, but it's not. You're gonna need some help (and that is OK!) and that is where you start.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=qX9FSZJu448#!
Appreciate 0