View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #28
In Extremis
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
Well Im still good and you know it feels like second day was the worst the most difficult.
Today it is fourth and it really feels good.
I was afraid yesterday to try coffee but I took a cup and it was just fine. Today I am afraid to try some beer in evening, but I hope it will be fine.
I also stopping my self thinking about the money which I will save I will be able to do some mods for the car

For now it is ok I hope it will be even better in the coming days.
Good luck you to dont loose it and remember every day it feels better and easier
I've quit on and off several times. I'm 25, smoked 1.5-2 packs daily and tried zyban without success. I found that I couldn't drink alcohol. 1-3 bottles of beer and I'd be craving nicotine like crazy, it just magnifies that itch.

Also, be careful with ecigs or smokeless forms of tobacco. You aren't smoking, but are taking in nicotine, so the addiction won't be defeated until you actually go long enough without anything. If you really need gum/inhaler type forms of nicotine to soften the transition, thats fine, but it will make the entire process longer. The blu cigarettes and such are a healthier option, but you still crave nicotine all the time and they're too direct of a nicotine delivery form imo (think crack compared to cocaine). Once you go long enough without ANY nicotine you won't miss it, but in the mean time while you break some of the worst associated habits, I'd stick to something that gives nicotine slower like gum or a lozenge.

Nicorette mini lozenges work well and don't take too long to dissolve, about 10 minutes compared to 30 it takes for regular lozenges or gum. Hang in there! It does get better, and believe it or not, there will be a day when you don't think about it.
Appreciate 0