10-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #295
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
I also closely follow the WEC, you'd be surprised on how many good fighters they have.

Dos Santos is tough, I think its a toss up w/ him and Velasquez. Both have sick stand up but I give Dos Santos the edge on the ground and Velasquez on the feet. Either way Brocks stand up need to improve but he sure can take a pounding so he should do ok against both, lets see how he handles their speed. Both fighters are much faster than Carwin just not as powerful

Browne looked like he gassed, he was doing well in the first round then Congo started getting in a groove. I couldnt believe how he wouldnt let go of the shorts, during the 3rd round, I told my buddy that this was def gonna be a draw cause of it.
That's interesting you say that as I thought it was the other way around. I would have given Velasquez the edge on the ground because of his superior wrestling backround. I think Dos Santos looks more comfortable on his feet and it would be an even matchup. Hopefully after this weekend we'll have some more answers, I expect to see a war!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
Congo is just a dirty ass fighter.
Lol like Tito said, "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider View Post
Any truth to the Sonan being on steroids when he fought anderson Silva??
I don't think anyone has heard a peep from Sonnen which is unusual because his mouth is always open and says almost anything to be on camera. Dana says there is a lot more to the story but whatever excuse he comes up, and I know it will be something good, he tested positive to PED and that is that, end of story if you ask me. I think his 15 minutes are up.
Appreciate 0