Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
That looks correct, assuming you got there via:

F9 E90

Transmission

Gearbox Control module GS19

F6 Activate

F3 Reset adaption values

FYI for resetting adaptations on the Alpina flash you need an updated GS19.ipo that includes the GS19D option, or a separate GS19D.ipo file. There are several versions of GS19 floating around, not all have the D designation in there that covers the Alpina flash. INPA won't even let you select transmission if you do not have the right GS19 loaded in the right sub folder.
@ajsalida Thanks again for the confirmation and the detailed response. The steps you outlined are exactly the ones I followed so I should be good on the transamission adaptation reset. Not to get off topic but as much as I like the M mode of Alpina I really couldn't stand the D mode of Alpina. I'm currently on ZB 7603527 outlined here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=284237 So the GS19.ipo file I have must be at least good enough to reset the adaptations on the ZB I currently have flashed.

You seem to know your stuff so if you don't mind I'd like to pick your brain a little bit. There are a lot of ZB numbers floating around. Do you know for sure if the ZB 7603527 is definitely the newest stock flash for our transmissions (I have a 2009 model year). Also, I am xdrive. Is there possibly a more appropriate updated stock trans flash specific to the xdrive? Or isn't there some way in Winkfp in comfort mode to just punch in your VIN number and it will tell you the most up to date ZB for my specific car, for the specific module I'm working with?

Finally while on the topic of adaptations. In regards to the throttle body (or valve) adaptation reset - the one where people say you can hold the gas pedal down as I mentioned in the first post. In INPA, in the selective adaptation value 1 menu (see post #2), would that be the same as hitting F6 for throttle? Or I think in another menu there is one labeled "DKP - throttle"