View Single Post
      10-25-2008, 05:12 PM   #11
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Remember, just because something doesn't leave holograms on one car doesn't mean it won't on another. For example, finishing with an orange pad will work very, very rarely. I am not saying it won't ever, I am saying that the orange pad has enough mechanical abrasion that no matter how fine the polish you use, the pad itself will leave micromarring behind on anything but hard paint. If you're not seeing it it's possible the polish you're using is filling (as 106ff/fa have been known to do). I've only used PF a few times, so not sure, but it's not improbable. There are a bunch of threads on Autopia where guys have been bitten by Menzerna filling. Before anyone jumps on me, I still use SIP, 106ff, 8rd, fa, pf, FPI and FPII; but it's just good to go into it knowing the ceramiclear stuff (SIP, ff, fa, PF) can fill.

Anyway, back to the OP - there is speculation that FA is formulated for BMWs while FF is formulated for Mercedes. I don't know why that would be or what the difference would even be, but that's what some of the UK guys are saying. I find them to be pretty much identical.
Appreciate 0