View Single Post
      12-25-2013, 07:57 AM   #46
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
I have met and interacted with one of only 3 UK dealerships that actually have a BMW genius and I can confirm they are poorly informed, an average forum owner here would run circles around them. They may be ok for the standard BMW potential buyer and do some basic handovers. But hardly the goal BMW marketeers had hoped they could take over from sales.

My genius could not answer one question relating to the options on my 6 Gran Coupe handover as he hadn't seen the options on a car before (multifunction instrument panel, adaptive LED headlamps, Head Up Display), or he wasn't sure there was a big difference (M Sport suspension and regular SE suspension, adaptive drive and VDC), or had never been asked that before (active sound module on 6 series).

I did speak to the same genius when I was putting my order through their new 3D visualiser in the dealership, where again he treated a 6 series like a 1 or 3 series he probably was trained on, and would bring up the rep-mobile colour and trim options as his suggestions. Hadn't seen or heard off the more characterful options available on BMWs flagship model!

Current: 2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE + 2018 AMG GT-C Coupe + 2013 6 Series BMW GranCoupe (October)
Retired: 2016 AMG-GTS Coupe, 2013 & 2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale,2016 3-Series Touring, 2009 5 Series GT, 2007 BMW M5, 2012 & 2006 BMW 1 Series
Appreciate 0