View Single Post
      05-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #79
BenFenner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E36/8 | E53 | E91 | E90 M3

New Nitto NT555 G2 tires arrive | Album

As with everything on this project, the tires were a compromise. As you may or may not know, I run autocross/hillclimb tires on pretty much everything. I also tend to do staggered setups to fill every millimeter of available space with rubber. With this being my wife's car, we went with a lowly summer tire in a square setup since uLtImAtE tRaCk gRiP was not the goal. Longer tire life and the ability to "rotate" them were much higher on the priority list than normal. Luckily the E91 chassis lends itself to a decent square setup anyway.

I wasn't sure how wide of a tire I could go with exactly, so I erred on the side of caution and went with a 255mm width (this is going on a 9" wheel if you've not seen). I can see how that goes and make adjustments in the future. Maybe wider tires... Maybe some spacers...

After my typical extensive research, I ended up with the NT555 G2 from Nitto. Vulcan Tire had the cheapest price of the dozen or so places I typically cross-shop. At the end of the day, this should be a huge improvement over what's on the car, and Katie should be happy with them too.

Now I can get these mounted up on the new wheels and finally get everyone the pics they really want.

Parts:
$698.00 | Nitto NT555 G2 "Ultra High Performance Summer" tire (×4) | 255/35ZR18 94W

Pics:

Appreciate 0