View Single Post
      11-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #14
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

This is the reason I will not rent property again, in order for you to be a landlord you have to be a bigger ass than the people you rent to.

I am not sure what CT renter laws are and how pro-renter they are, however, most states and courts are very unlikely to toss out kids especially babies. The fact they made attempts at payment most likely will go in their favor.

When I rented, as others side I had someone manage it for me, in my case it was a friend since I would out of state. She had lots of experience managing property and knew how to void bad renters. She would tell you never rent to a single women and especially one which is likely to have a kids. When people would come to rents she would have them fill out a credit app, which has some good information about who they were. She would go to their current property and talk to neighbors and the current landlord if possible to find out what kind of people they were.

She found good tenants and they never gave me problem. One time they were a few days late on rent she told them about and warned them about the late fee and they paid the rent and late fee even though she said they did not have to pay, they were late a second time and before she said anything they paid and include the late fee. Can not complain about that.
Appreciate 0