View Single Post
      04-27-2014, 07:12 PM   #13
Kkuba
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_ View Post
If they didn't do the work for Ford, take your ford details out of it and use a personal email account.
Just sent it a moment ago from my work one. Ah well, doubt it will make much difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
I checked the rep for the company and they have 1 bad google review.
I dont know why you asked the dealership where they outsource work to, they are obviously gonna go to the cheapest bidder, and dealerships suck at doing work already.

I also dont know why you went with a crappy leather.

Get a refund through Australian consumer law, speak to the ACCC if you have to, and also get re-imbursed for the damage.

Then go to some place with a reputation and get Nappa leather (the stuff they put in AMGs).

This is where I will eventually get mine done, but I am in Sydney: http://ccuautotrim.com.au/current-jobs.php
That's the thing, they weren't the cheapest, I could have got it done somewhere else for about 30% less money. So I put all the pieces together, and assumed more expensive + recommendation by the dealer = a decent job. Because the dealer has to honour warranty right? So I would have thought they would take it to the cheapest place that does a decent job so they don't have returns 4 out of 5 times And I don't think it would take a pedantic person (enthusiast) to notice this.

Yeah, I wanted to keep with the standard look, so that's why I went for it.

ANYWAY. Update as of this morning, I called up and asked to speak to the manager, because I had some issues which I wanted to send through via email. He asked me what it was for. He realised which job I was referring to, and before I could tell him about any of the issues, he basically told me that it was a difficult job, and all the issues were caused by the fact I gave him the seat by itself, without the car. And because of this, they had no electrics to manipulate the seat, and this made it very difficult, and that's what caused all the issues.

He was not very polite, I told him I will send him and email outlining all my issues, and that I would like to discuss them further, so I would like him to respond, he said he would only respond if he had something new to say.

So I just sent the email about half an hour ago, we shall see how this goes, but it's starting to looks like it's going to be a struggle, and I may have to explore the ACCC etc. options which you mention. *sigh*

Quote:
I gotta ask now because everytime someone posts and I look at this thread I ask myself, bad worksmanship aside, why does the leather on the bottom left in this pic look like the cow had eczema?
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...oriking/5c.jpg
I assume you mean at the foot of the side bolster? Remember this is a photo of the passenger's seat, which didn't have the leather changed, and will be showing signs of wear.

EDIT:
Also, I included this in the email: the seat-back release lever seems to have been dislocated, probably due to the screwdriver being used to pry the trim off:

See attached: (a) is driver's (b) is passenger's for comparison.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kkuba; 04-27-2014 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0