United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
There's also a blob in the upper right.

I'm not big on GNDs for this very same reason. I would have exposed for the woman and just let the sky wash out, particularly since nothing was going on in that sky. I keep my lens hoods on ALL the time. If I'd really been worried about the sky, I would have taken two exposures and combined them.

Dave
Yeah I'm a bit disappointed in it so far. It attracts dust and dirt very easily so I need to give it a good once over with the Lenspen if I'm putting it on. I didn't have a hood for the lens that I used but I just ordered one so we'll see if that takes care of the issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Seminole,

I'm surprised a GND that pricey would give you issues, although I don't know much about that brand. I use B&W MRC filters and even though I've experienced some minor flaring in direct sunlight shots, it's been minimal and easily correctable. I've never had the issue with the washing out like you did. That's also somewhat correctable. I played around with the shot a bit. Hope you don't mind. I took out the flaring and toned down the washed out area. I also cropped the sign and tail end of that car from the right side.
Thanks Mark! Looks a lot better. I'm going to try some different thing like using a lens hood during the daytime to see if it helps get rid of the flare at all. If it doesn't I'll just send it back.