View Single Post
      11-15-2013, 03:56 AM   #7
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Had my front bumper resprayed under insurance. At same time I got a new replacement OEM Aero Spoiler & had them paint that @ same time so paint would be perfect match.

Dealer that did the work advised me to wait at least 1 month before bringing car back in for spoiler install to allow bumper paint to properly cure - they would not warranty the bumper paint job if I did not do this, as he stated there is a high risk that the 3M tape used to attach the spoiler could pull off the new bumper paint if it ever needed to be removed if installed too soon...

This was during summer months here in PA.

You could still do spoiler install during winter as long as you have access to a heated garage & allow the car to warm up sufficiently, but you might want to wait till Spring anyway as flying road debris & salt on winter roads trashes the spoiler paint rather quickly - at least you'll have it looking great for one summer if you wait

Or you could also have the front bumper and/or the spoiler wrapped with clear 3M XPel after the paint has cured and never have to worry
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0