The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
Yeah, that's right.

Low light, high speeds, high magnification, fast AF, accurate AF, etc. are where the higher end bodies separate themselves. With good glass, a tripod and good technique, you can produce great scenics and portraits with almost any body appropriate for the lens. Shooting the same shot with the 5D MkII will look pretty much the same with competent processing, UNTIL you look at a 100% blow up, then you'll fall out of your chair over the differences. At internet sizes, much of the discussion is purely theoretical, but start blowing up prints to hang on the wall and then the differences start to show.

Dave
and even then, you have to start blowing them up pretty big to see the differences

considering the 5DmkII picture will cover a good portion of a wall

the one thing that really surprised me was dave convincing me to do a side by side comparison of the 5DmkII and the 7D, and to find that i was getting a sharper image with the 7D at 100% crop. The final image basically appeared as though i hadn't actually zoomed in to 100% where i could easily tell i was as zoomed as i could go with the 5DmkII
Appreciate 0