12-09-2011, 10:31 PM   #2139
TimZ
Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
The shipping is not that bad considering it's UPS Second Day. But it does add to the total cost by a good amount. When it comes to per-day costs, more days cost less per day than fewer days. It's actually considerably less per day to rent for 4 weeks than it is to rent for one week. Still, when you're talking about a $350 lens like the 50mm f1.4, it's hard to justify a $100 rental bill. I rented a 50mm and the day after I got it, a good deal showed up on the local Craig's List and I bought it. So I sent the rental back after only two days.

I envy you for living in NYC and being near two great camera stores. B&H is well worth a visit as well. I love that store. I just walked up to the Canon counter last visit and asked if they had a good used 85mm f1.8. Bigger than shit, they did. I bought it right there. Another great lens.
Do you think there is a huge difference between buying used and new with those lenses??
I might go to B&H actually if i don't feel lazy, I been there before i bought my nikon film camera from there, a FM10.
Appreciate 0