View Single Post
      07-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #65
DFW_MThree
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT/Audi A4 Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny176 View Post
Dam dude u lost 43 lbs in 6 months!! That's pretty awesome. Good job! Definately should give insanity a shot. It's mostly cardio. Can I ask you what kind of diet did you go on? Just finished my first month and I'm on recovery week of the program. So far lost 9 lbs. Mainly eating as clean as I can. Lots of veggies and some fruit. Mostly bake broil or grill chicken breast and fish. Just got the George Forman grill, that thing is awesome. Cut out all white carbs. Anything else I should be doing? Trying to eat every 3 hrs or so.
Thanks man, im very happy with the results, here is mainly what i did and ate,I completely cut out sodas, used to drink abt 5 a day, no for the past year im down to none, ever, no "flavored juices, they are packed with sugar, mainly just drink water, orange juice and vitamin water zeros. And to cut down i ate about 4 to 6 times per day but small meals and usually consisted of an egg white and spinach omlette for B-fast or whole grain cereal, lunch would be any kind of fish or lean meat such as turkey, lean beef patties(no bread) and lots of veggies, which you need for carbs if your training hard each day. ALWAYS about 1-2 servings of natural fruit per day, no fruit in sweetened syrups. And dinner i almost always ate lean burger patties and veggies or a small chicken breast(tyson kind) and veggies. But you could also do tuna, or any other fish. And i always take protein supplements once a day, 2 scoops on workout days 1 scoop on non lifting days. Now that i have cut down alot i have upped my calorie intake to try to buil back some more muscle, so i eat alot more protein as well as take protein supplements still. I use syntha-6 protein its pretty lean and ive gotten the best results from it. Just make sure if your taking in more calories you work out hard to burn them off, this is where you will notice size increase and strength gains. So basically you dont have to be on a super strict diet to do it, just eat healthy and smaller portions, and in between main meals eat a snack like banana or i eat bear naked granola since it is 100 percent natural. Sounds like your on the right track, and the Forman grill is awesome lol i have one i use daily.
Appreciate 0