08-25-2014, 02:56 AM   #43
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by will.c View Post
I just got a few videos uploaded. Sorry for the crappy audio quality, but I'd appreciate any input if there are things I can do to manage the tires. I don't think I felt a lot of pushing... rather I was trying to trail brake quite a bit, and spent more time on catching the rear end wanting to come out (maybe b/c of square setup), but anyways... any criticism is welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will.c View Post
Update:

-5 front camber w/ 0 front toe made my car very very VERY twitchy. Steering felt to have become quicker, front grip was endless compared to rears, the car felt far from neutral. The slightest steering input or lift or tapping the brake would immediately induce snap oversteer. Just like what they say for a GT3, I had to gas way before apex to just settle the rear, then gas, gas, and more gas.

Scared the shit out of me at first, but I think I eventually got to enjoy it, and now I think I like this a little more than before, which, I now realize, was just understeer everywhere. I just need a little less camber in the front and a little more in the back w/ maybe 255/275 stagger.

I can see how a well developed driver can benefit from an oversteery car, but my current skills are not precise enough to take advantage of it. (Or maybe it was just a little too twitchy.) All in all I was wasting too much time sliding, thus I could not beat my old PR from when I used to under-drive by half a sec.

Videos:

Nice driving. Quick hands too! Enjoyed watching your videos.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0