View Single Post
      12-18-2023, 08:09 AM   #2
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Interesting find, however the only selection I'd go with is the one where the front lip is included in the package. I do not like the looks of F80 style front bumpers without the lip. In general, the fit-up of the aftermarket bumpers is always a big unknown. A year ago i had to replace the front bumper cover (M style) and the reputable bodyshop I use for decades was like: "Nop, absolutely not worth it. Get the OEM". I did and have no regrets as it is perfect fit and shape.

A couple of areas of concern would be for me:
1. Material the cover is made out of?
2. No fog lights.
3. Fit-up issues:
- The hood line. Some of the pics already highlight that the top portion of the cover does not follow the hood curvature well (esp picture of white car with a building and gold and black cars in the background. Look at the area just above the left kidney grill and left headlight).
- joints to the fenders.
4. What changes are required to the ducting behind lower grill and behind the side grills? Is this kit a direct bolt on for cars with M Appearance bumpers or for non-Ms? There is a difference in ducting between two. If you do elect to go with OEM M on yours, you will require additional expenses for replacement ducts.

Rear cover - not to my taste.

Since you don't like M style bumper, I'd just fix your bumper and be done. If you go the route of getting the aftermarket kit, at the end of the day, it will cost you way more than $1700 to get it, then have it installed on your car as there could be quite a bit of manual labour in fit-up and paint work.
2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1

Last edited by Oksamit78; 12-18-2023 at 08:22 AM..
Appreciate 0