Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoconutPete View Post
Go back and watch some of his prior fights, Carlos is a KILLER, probably has the best killer instinct out of anyone out there, he was a vicious fighter who always went for the finish, he had what ... 1 or 2 fights that he won by decision? Then watch this fight, he took 5 steps forward the entire fight and was just backpedalling and scoring points. I don't doubt his punches would have knocked ME out, but compare this fight to Carlos's prior fights and it's night and day.
I've seen every single Condit fight, going back to KOTC. So I know what you mean but just because you arent going forward it doesnt mean he wasnt trying to finish. He needed to create space in order to get his shots off, he was trying flying knees and spinning elbow/fist. He was trying to finish but Diaz isnt one thats easily finished.

I do agree that this fight wasnt anything like his prior fights, he tends to be careless but it pays off for him but against a guy who is so technical like Diaz, it would have been stupid to try that.

I thought he should have moved forward more, the only time he did, he had lots of success and had Diaz going back not knowing what to do, not sure why Condit didnt do it again
Appreciate 0