Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
panicos, out of curiosity, what's the build quality on your Fuji X-Pro1?
built quality.. hmm.. well its all metal but it pretty light. it looks heavier but when you take it is really light. (on a side note i thought i needed the grip and went on and bought it, put it on once and then sold it cheaper in ebay). the black paint is quite sensitive, i baby it to be honest but the one time i placed it on the ground normally it the paint left! overall i think its built very good, definitely feels a lot better than my nikon D5100 but its three times the cost! the buttons all feel solid, when you turn them they sit in place, they are not loose at all, the shutter is quite small, had to buy a soft release button.

very happy with it.. mark would have been too if he had it on his trip. i had it hanging from my wrist all day in Italy, with the 18mm on and the 35mm in a small bag and i never noticed it. for all of you with big gears, i think the X100 on the side would be perfect, the x-pro1 is a whole system it will be hard to carry both around, but the x100 with the fixed lens is great for a second body.