View Single Post
      12-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #20
avocet
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 2011 X5d

you must have some good LSD. my car with summers won't get out of my driveway. and it is flat.

with snows my car is extremely capable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
All these posts are not that useful because each person has its own experience and opinion.

I drove my S2000 with summer tires in snow few weeks ago and it was nothing scary because LSD and electronics were doing an amazing job, car was accelerating and stopping. Of course I was just experimenting and would never drive like this in public.

When I use snow tires, for me the point is to drive the car almost the same way as I drive it in summer with summer tires, with or above the speed limit and confident. So that I can go skiing and drive 50-60 mph in snow blizzard.

Driving 20 mph, I am sure it makes no difference what you have until you run in to emergency stop or try to avoid an object. My buddy has RWD car (1995 SC300) and drives on AS tires in snow, his argument is that there is no point in getting snow tires because everyone drives so slow when its snowing. Surprisingly he never gets stuck or has ever been in accident.
Appreciate 0