View Single Post
      10-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #83
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Convertibleguy View Post
When you're so old you don't have any problem admitting it, because any other position would be pathetic.

I qualify.
This is so true. I shamefully and honestly had an issue admitting my age when I hit 30. I was telling people I was 29 for about two years before it was brought to my attention by someone I was close with at the time that I should just let it go and fess up to being older.

Mentally, I have always been a bit more mature that my age/peers and that was bitter sweet during my experiences during my teenage years. Then when I hit my twenties, I embraced my differences, and used them to be successful professionally and personally.

Now that I'm in my mid thirties, things are starting to catch up to me. Most of my hobbies and interests, as well as my occupation require an individual to be strong, fast and tough.

Just a few years ago, I was always ahead of the pack and set the high standards and lead by example with minimum effort.

Now, I find myself keeping up with the pack, and having to put in a little work to do so.

I see now that it's only a matter of time before I can't keep up with the younger guys coming in, and I will have to watch and support the future Soldiers and leaders from the sidelines.