11-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #176
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
^ This spacer is designed to fix the MAF sensor mount on the original open AFE intake.

The one you have posted is the newer sealed AFE intake design. There are some complaints that the sealed intake also has MAF issues, but I don't know that the same spacer will fix the sealed AFE design

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...e+engine+light

The sealed intake has proven to have good power gains but personally I would try to avoid AFE with their track record on N52 engines. I would think a eurobox with a K&N round filter will give you the same gains (although I haven't seen a dyno) without risk of MAF issues. Only problem is Eurbox is quiet. AFE for all their problems at least has awesome sound.
I'm running the oiled filter CAI and have had no issues and my MAF doesn't look dirty. Just cleaned it yesterday after last week's trip to Arizona, quite a nasty amount of build up on the filter. I've re-oiled the filter three times since first installing it back in 2013. Cleaned the MAF sensor yesterday with CRC MAF sensor cleaner from Autozone and got no CEL. Haven't filled up the tank yet to see if I recovered any lost fuel economy since my commutes are longer in duration than they were last year.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0