09-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #7
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWiTCHY View Post
At the beginning of my search, I couldn't believe what I saw.

A 2004 BMW M3 for $5,600 rolled for just 13k miles. "Yeah, it's a scam I thought" until I got involved with the seller over email. I need your guys' experience with online car buying. The following is the email conversation I had with the seller. I removed some parts to retain both of our privacy.

TLDR: Seller explains why the price is low: divorced, does not need car as she is a she...
Wants to pay over eBay using Escrow services
Car is "under eBay's custody" and at a shipping company in California
Offered to send car straight to me at no expense, if I like it, I pay for it and deal is over, but if I don't like it, I send it back to her at her own expense.

Sounds fishy to me, but Escrow seems to be very reputable. The only thing I don't get was that the car was listed to be in Blaine, WA, but the car itself is in California?

Should I go for it, or by your experience, what will happen if I take the offer to "test" the car?

I also checked the VIN # she provided me, but because I don't have full access to CarFax, all I know is that the VIN belongs to a 2004 BMW M3, as described, and that there are 9 records listed. I plan to get CarFax access soon if YOU let me follow in.

Thanks. *Flamesuit activated*
Appreciate 0