im a car
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 220i M Sport | 520i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 220i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I don't think you'll have any trouble with AF in those applications on the 6D.

What worries me is you saying you're, "...interested in the greater image quality that a full frame sensor will provide..." That's no necessarily true. EVERY sensor is a compromise between noise and dynamic range. The 1D X has VERY course pixels and produces great files at very high ISOs. The 7D MkII has extremely dense pixels (if it were full-frame, it'd be over 50 MP) that provides incredible detail resolution, but with a compromise to high-ISO performance. The 6D is a (and 5D MkIII) compromise somewhere in the middle.

Shooting the subjects that you mention, I suspect that you'll be using ISOs below 800. At those ISO levels, the 7D MkII will likely yield higher resolution file with no appreciable noise problems.

Bigger pixels have higher dynamic range, smaller pixels have more detail resolution. Every sensor is a compromise between the two.

Build quality of the 7D MkII will be superior compared to the 6D. The 6D is a high end consumer camera and the 7D MkII is a low end pro camera. That may or may not bother you. The build quality of 6D is not even up to your 7D.
Fair enough; the main thing swaying me is that I've tried several full frame cameras and feel like making a change, tbh, but the 5D3 is way out of budget. There's just something that appeals to me about having a full frame body; from my experience there's just something different about it, whether it's image quality or not

Alternatively I'm also considering a used or new 5D2, but I've heard the autofocus is subpar on those...

'14 220i M Sport | AW/CR | PUR Wheels RS07 19" | KW V1 | MTC Design F2X Kit [CF] | Stage 1 ECU Tune | Eventuri CF Intake | Manhart Race Exhaust/Resonator Delete | ER HFC Downpipe | F8X LCA + TS | M Style Grilles | Gloss Black Roof | Custom Steering Wheel | Autotecknic Competition Shift Paddles [YMB]
Instagram: @icyj95 | FB
Appreciate 0