View Single Post
      12-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #6
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Are you looking to drop the car while maintaining a comfortable ride? Do you want to be able to adjust the height of your vehicle? Do you want to adjust the damping? You have to answer all of these questions first before you can decide on which system is best suited for your needs. The answer is simple, you get what you pay for when it comes to vehicle suspension. As such a crucial component of your vehicle, suspension is definitely something you do not want to cheap out on.

Your OEM shocks are not meant to handle the spring rates of an aftermarket springs. Doing so will decrease the lifespan of your OEM shocks and of course reduce your ride quality dramatically. Let's break this down in terms of cost. You'll spend about $230-300 bucks for aftermarket springs, another $250-300 for an installation, and another $65-$125 for an alignment. When your OEM sport or non-sport shocks blow your going to have to spend another $600-800 on shocks, another installation fee, and another alignment. If you calculate that all together, you would saved a whole lot more money doing it right the first time around and either get a shock/spring combo or go with the coilovers. I can't send you a PM due to your low post count so feel free to drop me an email here at Alan************.com and I'll be more than happy to provide you with some more information on a few different choices

- Alan
Appreciate 0