View Single Post
      02-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #5
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by 323d View Post
Im super newb when it comes to photography, lately i am trying to learn how to do some night photography , and i am having difficulty learning.

i currently have a panasonic lumix FZ-7.. is a regular digital camera, with a 12x zoom , and manual setting that allows me to change the apreture, ISO and shutter speed (F2.8-8.0 / 1/500 - 20. sec time)

anyways, i am trying to learn how to take photographs where i can focus on an object, such as my car, and leave the background out of fous.. This is the part i am having difficulty.. From reading some guides, i try setting my apreture to mostly F. 4.0-6.3 . and depending on lightly, usually at 3.2-8 seconds.. But i cannot seem to get the results.. my AF is at centre but everytime the photograph seems to focus everywhere....

Any help would be appricated.. as to how to improve taking sharp photos during night and day, and the difference of choosing Apreture + shutter speed .
To really blur the background, you need something around f/2.8.

Something else to remember - your depth of field is a proportion of the distance of the object from the camera. The further the object from the camera, the larger the depth of field.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0