05-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Do you have Photoshop? If so, try this technique. Open the image and create a new layer. Change the new layer's blending properties to Soft Light. Choose a soft edge brush of appropriate size for the area you want to "paint." Not too big or you'll over-paint. Not too small or you'll have lines and patchy areas. Then paint over over-exposed areas like her skin. Don't worry if it's a little too dark. Once you're through painting, play with the opacity of that layer. Check the settings in the image below. You can click the new layer on and off to see the difference. It really helps bring back areas that are over-exposed a bit without messing up the entire image.

thanks mark, i'll poke around... I'm seriously considering grabbing a course in photoshop, it's all over my head. I'm a hardware guy and not really good at software at all. Give me an engine and i'll tear it apart and put it back together again. Give me a wireing diagram and i'll solve any problem, give me something to program, and i'll just sit and stare at you

I'll give it a shot on a picture and see what i can come up with. Probably use the same one you did so i can do some comparing.
Appreciate 0