View Single Post
      07-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #58
Drifty//
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: A4 quattro 3.2 MT6; E92 6MT

Reporting back after my first 2-day HPDE in my EDC E92.

Pad changes in the stock calipers suck. I didn't realize how the clips on the stock pads positioned the caliper for you, and it took me forever to get the pins back in with track pads. Then, there's the wonderful anti-rattle clip and the wear sensor. Brake fluid seemed to be coming from somewhere, but I couldn't figure out where. I'm done messing around with the stock brakes.

Also, while modulation is pretty good, the stock brakes feel rather squishy. I'll be upgrading these very soon.

EDC is crap. The car handles more like a friggin truck. The stock spring rate is incredibly low. If you've had coilovers and know what you're getting into, I'd say skip EDC and buy a good set of coilovers with the savings. I have a coilover suspension on my A4 and it feels so much more controlled and nimble than the M3, and that just ain't right.

I'm planning on getting a spring & sleeve kit before my next track day, assuming it works with the camber plates I already bought.

M-Dynamic Mode (MDM) is something else to do without. I like the idea of being able to use it on the street, but I usually just leave DSC fully on. On the track, DSC off is the only way I roll. Verdict: while the M button is definitely handy, I wouldn't get the MDrive package just for MDM.

Regarding ZCP: I don't have any direct experience with it. From what I hear, it's probably still not firm enough to my liking. Unless you really like the wheels, I'd probably save the money and go aftermarket.

Exhaust: stock exhaust sounds better in person than in all the videos I'd seen. I was sure I wanted the performance exhaust, but I'm not going to bother. More money to spend on brakes, I guess.

Last edited by Drifty//; 07-11-2012 at 10:59 PM..
Appreciate 0