10-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #28
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgone View Post
Like I said, it's about the timing. Yes, 100ft is a perceptible distance but when you have two roads spaced 20ft apart it can be an issue. I am just agreeing with the other poster that Honda nav systems are better. I think a lot of what I'm mentioning has to do with the gps antenna being rather weak. If I go through an underpass at less than 60mph I'll lose the signal on my satellite radio whereas my Honda would only lose it if I parked under the overpass. I've also lost signal before on long stretches of roads due to tall trees. On those same roads the Honda handled it just fine.*
I lose my satellite radio signal when I park in my garage, but I've never experienced a lapse in the connection when traveling under an overpass. Fortunately I have never parked under an overpass nor have I ever had the need to do so. Were you with a hooker? Kidding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawgone View Post
I'm really not sure why you are debating MY observations on the differences between Honda and BMW nav. Do you now or have you owned a recent Honda with navigation? Myself and the other poster have and we reached the same conclussions.

I haven't owned a Honda/Acura in many years. I have, however, been in a friend's 2011 Acura TSX with navigation. I haven't noticed any superiority over the BMW unit, BUT I also haven't spent that much time in the car either.
Appreciate 0