Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Wat

Rose's playoffs vs regular season

Stat-Playoffs-Regular
PPG - 27.3 - 25
RPG - 4.3 - 4.1
APG - 7.7 - 7.7
A/TO - 2.1 - 2.2

He's having a better post season than he did regular, in terms of offensive production.

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/stats/_/.../chicago-bulls
He is shooting 40% this post season when he usually average 47% in his career. He is just shooting 36% against the Heat. Lets not forget about his 3 point stats. He is shooting 24% in he post season beyond the arc vs 33% in the regular season. Sure, he might have better numbers but it takes him 30 shots to score 30 points. That is not very efficient..

Good read from NBA.com
Quote:
The inefficient MVP
Derrick Rose's inability to break through the Miami defense was the story before Game 4 and it should continue to be the story in the aftermath, despite a few spectacular plays. Rose was inefficient once again, needing 27 shots to score 23 points, and turning the ball over seven times.
Rose got to the basket more than he had in any of the first three games, but was 3-for-17 from beyond five feet. He shot well from distance in Game 1, but has been progressively worse as the series has gone on.
Derrick Rose's shooting, conference finals

Included in the 3-for-17 was an awful 1-for-9 from 3-point range. Rose has now attempted at least nine threes in a game six times this season. Amazingly, three of those times have been in the playoffs, and he hasn't hit more than one of the nine in any of the three. He was 0-for-9 in Game 1 vs. Indiana, 1-for-9 in Game 4 vs. Indiana, and 1-for-9 in Game 4 against the Heat.
After the game, Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau noted Rose's lack of free throw attempts and said that his point guard "hasn't gotten the calls." Rose isn't getting to the free-throw line as much as he did in the regular season, but he's actually getting there more than he did against Atlanta in the conference semifinals.
http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post
24 points a game choking for you?? with 1.3 blocks a game , and 1.6 steals a game? You sir are wrong my friend. Did he have a bad offensive game 4? YES , but he made up with the D. Look at wade's and lebrons post season numbers , they are very very similar.
I was referring to the conference final. How about 18 points per game against the Bulls. Shooting only 39% from the field. Making 0 3 pointers.. .Compared to Lebron- 45% FG%/ 33% 3p% and averaging 25 ppg? Even Chris Bosh is making Wade's stats look like a joke. 24ppg/ 63% from the field.

Good defense? I wouldn't say that. Wade was unable to guard Rose in the first few games that is why Lebron has to guard him now.
Appreciate 0